Mix together all the kefta ingredients, except the oil. Make four slightly flattened sausage-shaped patties (length of a pita).
In a skillet, heat the oil and cook the kefta patties until the meat reaches 71°C. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
Do not open the pitas. Simply spread the tzatziki and veggies on top, add the kefta patties, and roll up the pitas.
- 450 g (1lb.) extra lean ground beef
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) canola oil
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- 175 ml (¾ cup) homemade or store-bought tzatziki
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ cucumber, cut into strips
Food Safety Reminder!
Remember to include ice packs in your children’s lunchbox.