Place the rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
In a non-stick pan on medium-high, brown chicken or turkey in olive oil with cumin. Add green onions. Continue until meat is well cooked.
Add the remaining ingredients (except the tortillas) to the pan. Mix well.
Place one tortilla on a pizza pan. Cover half the tortilla with half the chicken (or turkey) mix. Sprinkle with cheese, then fold the tortilla in half. Repeat to make the second quesadilla.
Bake the quesadillas in the oven for about 10 minutes or until they are slightly golden and crispy.
- 300 g chicken or turkey breast, cut into strips
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) olive oil
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp.) ground cumin
- 1 green onion, minced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) grated cheese (your choice of cheddar, mozzarella, etc.)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) store-bought salsa
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) corn, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 whole grain, 10" tortillas (large)
Carefully read the Nutrition Facts table for the tortillas and salsa. You may be surprised how much sodium they contain. Opt for those with the lowest sodium content.