Mini-Shell Mexican Salad
Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente, as per the instructions on the package. Drain and set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, mix the oil, lemon juice and zest, and red wine vinegar.
In a large bowl, blend together the remaining ingredients and add the cooled pasta. Add the vinaigrette. Season to taste.
- 300 g pasta (mini-shells, fusilli, etc.)
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) red wine vinegar
- 250 ml (1 cup) corn, frozen or fresh
- 540 ml (1 can) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 250 ml (1 cup) store-bought salsa (or 2 diced tomatoes)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Having pasta for dinner? Double the quantity so you can whip up a pasta salad for the next day’s lunch.
A delicious vegetarian recipe to add to your child’s lunch menu. Chances are they won’t even notice it’s veggie-only!