Combine all the ingredients, except the feta and lettuce, in a large bowl.
Add the feta and blend carefully. Serve with Romaine lettuce.
- 540 ml (1 can) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh oregano, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ English cucumber, unpeeled and diced
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) lemon juice
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 200 g (about 200 ml) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Romaine lettuce heart, shredded
Add the lettuce at the last minute to ensure it stays crunchy. The other ingredients can be mixed together in advance.
Offer your children varied, appetizing, and nutritious lunches and let them decide how much of each food they eat. Have faith in them—kids’ appetites vary depending on a host of factors, like growth spurts, for one.