Pork & Apple Sandwich
In a pan on medium-high, cook the pork in the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Slice the pork into very thin strips.
Mix together the pork, sliced apple, mustard, mayonnaise, and maple syrup.
Spread the mix on the kaiser buns and top with a leaf of lettuce.
- 400 g pork (chops or tenderloin)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- 1 apple, cored and cut into thin slices
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) old-style mustard
- 60 ml (¼ cup) light mayonnaise
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 4 whole wheat kaiser buns, halved
- 4 leaves of Romaine lettuce
Why not explore the incredible variety of breads that are perfect for whipping up a sandwich: rye or multigrain, pita, tortillas, bagels, panini, ciabatta, kaiser, submarine, English muffins, and many more. Plus, these breads all freeze well, so it’s easy to keep three or four varieties on hand in the freezer.