Pork & Edamame Vermicelli Salad
Cook the vermicelli as per the instructions on the package. Save the cooking water to cook the broccoli and edamame beans.
Fry the pork in a skillet with olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
Combine all the ingredients except the broccoli.
Add the broccoli at the last minute, i.e., in the morning.
- 250 g rice vermicelli
- 500 ml (2 cups) broccoli florets, blanched
- 375 ml (1½ cup) edamame beans, blanched
- 450 g (1 lb.) pork tenderloin (about one tenderloin), cut into pieces
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 60 ml (¼ cup) lime juice
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) hoisin sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) honey
This recipe can be made with any leftover pork cuts.
Edamame are fresh soy beans. You can find them in the frozen food section of your grocery store. Keep some in the freezer at all times—they are a convenient and easy-to-prepare food. They’re great on their own in salads (with a little olive oil and salt), added to soups, or served as a side dish.