Camp-goer Rice Krispie Squares
Grease an 8" square pan.
In a microwaveable bowl, melt the margarine in the microwave.
Add the marshmallows and reheat in the microwave for another minute.
Add the cereal, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds.
Press the mix into the pan using a wet fork.
Cover and allow to harden at room temperature.
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) non-hydrogenated margarine
- 500 ml (2 cups) mini-marshmallows
- 2 ml (½ tsp.) vanilla
- 500 ml (2 cups) Rice Krispies
- 250 ml (1 cup) bran flakes, with or without raisins
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) All Bran Buds cereal
- 60 ml (¼ cup) dried cranberries
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) pumpkin seeds
This recipe can also be made in a saucepan on the stovetop. Any number of different dried fruits can be substituted for the cranberries (apricots, blueberries, cherries, raisins, dates, etc.) or try mixing and matching. Who says Rice Krispie squares have to be boring!