Peach & Blueberry Crumble
Place the rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
Grease a 9" square pan.
Mix together oats, coconut, brown sugar, margarine, apple sauce, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
Stir together peaches, blueberries, and lemon zest. Spread in the base of the pan and cover with the crumble mix.
Bake for about 45 minutes, until golden brown.
Allow to cool.
- 375 ml (1½ cup) quick-cook oats
- 125 ml (½ cup) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 60 ml (¼ cup) brown sugar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) non-hydrogenated margarine
- 60 ml (¼ cup) unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 ml (½ tsp.) ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 peaches, unpeeled and cut into segments
- 375 ml (1½ cup) blueberries, frozen or fresh
- Zest of one lemon
For a different take, try replacing the peaches with apples or pears, or a mix of strawberries and rhubarb
Two for one!
A fast and easy dessert for a weeknight meal and the next day’s lunchbox too!