Apple Raisin Cake
Place the rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
Grease and flour a 23 cm (9") round pan.
In a bowl, stir together the apple sauce, margarine, and eggs.
In another bowl, blend together all the other ingredients and incorporate into the first mix.
Pour the mix into the pan. Bake in the oven for about 40–45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Allow to cool. Remove cake from pan and allow to cool completely on a rack.
- 250 ml (1 cup) unsweetened apple sauce
- 125 ml (½ cup) non-hydrogenated margarine
- 2 eggs
- 375 ml (1½ cup) whole wheat flour
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 2 ml (½ tsp.) cinnamon
- 1 ml (¼ tsp.) ground cloves
- 2 ml (½ tsp.) nutmeg
- 2 ml (½ tsp.) baking soda
- 175 ml (¾ cup) sugar
- 175 ml (¾ cup) raisins
- Pinch of salt
Two for one!
A fast and easy dessert for a weeknight meal and the next day’s lunchbox too!