Berry Patch Muffins
Place the rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
Grease a muffin pan.
In a bowl, mix together oats and milk. Add the egg and margarine. Blend well.
In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add brown sugar.
Add this dry ingredient mix and the fruit to the oat mix.
Spoon the dough into the muffin pan.
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
Remove muffins from pan and allow to cool on a rack.
- 250 ml (1 cup) quick-cook oats
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 1 egg
- 60 ml (¼ cup) margarine
- 250 ml (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) baking powder
- 2 ml (½ tsp.) baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 175ml (¾ cup) brown sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries), fresh or frozen
Take advantage of the weekends to bake homemade cookies or muffins you can freeze in individual serving sizes for snacks in the week ahead.