Zucchini Chocolate Bread
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
Grease and flour a 23 x 13 cm (9" x 5") bread pan.
In a bowl, use a wooden spoon or mixer to blend the eggs, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla.
In another bowl, combine the flour, bran, and baking powder.
Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients.
Incorporate the zucchini and chocolate chips. Stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until well blended.
Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml (½ cup) canola oil
- 125 ml (½ cup) brown sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) vanilla
- 375 ml (1½ cup) all-purpose unbleached flour
- 125 ml (½ cup) wheat bran
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 500 ml (2 cups) zucchini, grated (about 2 small zucchinis)
- 125 ml (½ cup) chocolate chips
Take advantage of the weekends to bake homemade cookies or muffins you can freeze in individual serving sizes for snacks in the week ahead.