Blueberry Apricot Scones
Place the rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
Grease a baking sheet.
In a bowl, mix together the flour, ground flaxseed, baking powder, salt, sugar, and lemon zest.
Add the butter and cut the butter into the dough until the chunks are the size of a pea.
Add the blueberries to the dry ingredient mix.
Combine the vanilla and milk, and add to the dry ingredients.
Spoon the mixture onto the baking sheet to form 10 scones.
Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until scones are lightly golden. Allow to cool.
- 250 ml (1cup) all-purpose unbleached flour
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) whole wheat flour
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) ground flaxseed
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) sugar
- 10 ml lemon zest
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) unsalted butter, cold, cut into chunks
- 175 ml (¾ cup) milk
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) vanilla
- 125 ml (½ cup) blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 125 ml (½ cup) dried apricots, cut into chunks
Take advantage of the weekends to bake homemade cookies or muffins you can freeze in individual serving sizes for snacks in the week ahead.