Rainbow quinoa salad
In a saucepan, bring stock to a boil and add quinoa. Reduce heat, cover, and allow to cook on low heat for around 8 minutes.
Add edamame beans and cabbage. Cover and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes (or until all the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is cooked). Transfer the quinoa mix into a large bowl and allow to cool.
Meanwhile, chop vegetables, feta, cranberries, and herbs. Add all remaining ingredients to quinoa and toss well.
- 250 ml (1 cup) quinoa
- 310 ml (1¼ cup) chicken stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) edamame beans, frozen
- 375 ml (1½ cup) green cabbage, chopped,
- 250 ml (1 cup) arugula
- 1 yellow or orange pepper, diced
- 250 ml (1 cup) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) dried cranberries, loosely chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) feta cheese, crumbled
- Juice of half a lemon
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) fresh basil, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste