On-the-go curried chicken
In a skillet, heat oil on medium-high and fry the green onions. Add diced chicken and curry powder and fry until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside to cool.
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a muffin pan.
In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
In another bowl, beat egg and add all the other ingredients. Blend well.
Fill the muffin pan with a small scoop of this mix
(10–15 ml). Then add a layer of the curried chicken mix and top with the rest of the egg and flour mix.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) canola oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 400 g or about 2 chicken breast halves, diced
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) curry powder
- 375 ml (1½ cup) whole wheat flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 125 ml (½ cup) canola oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) sugar
- 125 ml (½ cup) milk
- 1 apple, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) fresh coriander, chopped