Spanish-style Tuna Sandwiches
STEP 1: In a large bowl, flake tuna with a fork.
Add all the other ingredients and mix gently to combine.
STEP 2: Spread on pieces of French bread halved lengthwise. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in lunchbox. Refrigerate until serving time.
- 2 cans (170 g or 6 oz.) tuna in water, drained
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) green olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 dry shallot, finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 pepper, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) tomato paste
- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) mayonnaise
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) smoked paprika (mild or spicy, to taste)
- Salt and pepper, freshly ground
- French bread
Tips from La Tablée des chefs Replace the tuna with chopped hardboiled eggs or turn sandwiches into salad by adding 500 ml (2 cups) mixed greens and whole wheat croutons. Short on time? Prepare a greater quantity of tuna mix and use it during the week in salads or pasta. In this case, add mayonnaise only at the last minute.